TL AUDIO VCEQ2
Like the C-1 and PA-1, the EQ-2 features a raven blue 6mm CNC milled aluminium front panel, General Electric US military specification valves and high retention gold plated ceramic valve bases.
TL Audio has also added two much-requested features: a peaking/shelving switch on the LF and HF bands, and drive/peak LEDs.
The internal circuit design has been refined quite significantly to produce an even fatter, smoother sounding equaliser.
The EQ-2 boasts two channels of fully parametric 4 band valve equalisation - which in conjunction with variable high and low cut filters offers unlimited control of any audio source.
The EQ-2 provides continuously variable frequency controls, so choice of frequency is not limited to switched selections.
It also features a pair of the acclaimed TL Audio mic preamps (with phantom power), to enable high quality direct-to-tape microphone recording, and a pair of front panel auxiliary inputs enable a guitar or keyboard to directly access the EQ-2.
Another brilliant refinement is the "stereo mode" switch - when activated, the EQ controls of channel A automatically process the signal on channel B in an identical fashion - thus the audio signals through both channels have the same EQ applied to them: ideal for precise equalisation of stereo sources and overall mixes.
The EQ-2 employs a total of six valve stages per channel: one in each of the four EQ bands, followed by a pair in the output stage.
* 2 channels - each with 4 bands of fully parametric valve equalisation
* LF band variable from 30Hz to 3kHz
* LM band variable from 30Hz to 3kHz
* HM band variable from 1kHz to 20kHz
* HF band variable from 1kHz to 20kHz
* Each band offers ±15dB of gain and variable Q between 0.5 and 5
* Peak/Shelf switch on both LF & HF bands
* EQ bypass switch on each channel & band
* Continuously variable high and low cut filters (12dB/oct) with bypass switches
* Low cut filter variable from 30Hz to 1kHz
* High cut filter variable from 1kHz to 25kHz
* Output level control giving +/-15dB trim
* Drive and Peak LEDs indicate internal signal levels
* Balanced microphone and line level inputs with variable gain control
* Balanced line outputs, switchable for -10dB or +4dB operation
* Line inputs and outputs duplicated on unbalanced jack connections
* Front panel instrument inputs (for guitars / keyboards etc)
* 48v phantom power
* Insert point on each channel (between mic preamp and EQ section)
* Status LEDs on all function switches
* Frequency response 20Hz to 40kHz +0 / -1dB
Mic Input: Impedance: >2k.
Gain range: +10 to +60dB.
Input Noise (EIN): -127dBu (22Hz-22kHz).
Max input level: +10dBu. Balanced XLR connector.
Line Input: (Balanced) Impedance: > 5k.
Gain range: -20dB to +30dB.
Max input level: +24 dBu.
Balanced XLR connector.
(Unbalanced) Impedance: > 5k.
Gain range: -10dB to +35dB .
Max input level: +24dBu.
Auxiliary Input: Impedance : 220k.
Max gain : 40dB.
Max input level: +22dBu.
Unbalanced jack connector.
Balanced output impedance: 47.
Max level: +26dBu.
Unbalanced output impedance: 47.
Max level: +20dBu into 10k.
Insert point: stereo jack, tip=send, ring=return.
Nominal level -2dBu.
Output impedance: 47, Return input impedance: 10k.
Frequency response: 20Hz - 40kHz +0 / -1dB.
Dynamic Range: >100dB.
Dimensions: 483 x 250 x 132mm (19" 3U).