MANLEY - SLAM
Manley's SLAM mic preamp and limiter is an invaluable addition to any studio.
The sound is clean, the performance is professional, and it's made by one of the most respected pro audio manufacturers around.
SLAM is a Stereo Limiter And Mic pre that features superlative Class A tube mic preamps on both channels with switchable phantom power and phase reverse.
Both channels also include two amazing limiters which combine Manley's Electro-Optical Levelling Amp circuit with an extremely fast FET based brick-wall limiter - two powerful world-class tools that can be uniquely blended and mixed to taste and purpose.
All-in-all, the result is a fast, clean, and extremely punchy sound, with the ability to get darn loud if you want it to.
You have remarkable control over shaping and "flavoring" your sound.
There are plenty of connections on the back panel, including slots for 24-bit/192 kHz A/D/A conversion options, so you can use SLAM on your computer-based workstation.
Features & Specifications :
- Vacuum tubes: 2 x 12AT7WA, 2 x 6414 dual triodes
- MANLEY transformer coupled Balanced Inputs and Outputs
- Micpre: Selectable 48V phantom power and PHASE REVERSE
- Gain: 60dB max Micpre, 43dB max DI, 20dB max Limiter Gain
- Input Impedance: 2000ohms Micpre, 1Megohms DI
- FET Attack approx. 100uS; Release 10mS to 2Sec; Ratio: >20:1
- ELOP Attack approx. 10mS for 6dB GR; Release 2.5 Sec; Ratio: 10:1
- SPDIF & AES 24Bit 192KHz upsampling from 44.1, 48, 88.2, & 96KHz
- A to D 24Bit 96KHz (for now)
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 60KHz
- Maximum Output : +32dBu, +30dBv (into 1Kohms load)
- THD+N <.05% @ 1KHz Dynamic Range: 115dB typical
- Output Impedance: 200ohms
- Power Consumption (120/240 VAC): 75 watts
- Size 19” x 3 1/2” x 10” (occupies 2u)
- Shipping Weight: 25 lbs.