SPL - PASSEQ
The Passeq complements our parametric Equalizers Qure and PQ 2050 by a classic design with passive coil filters and perfectly fulfills the highest expectations in all areas of audio processing, from recording through mixing to mastering.
The superior sound qualities and musical characteristics of passive filters ideally meet increasing demands in creating manifold sound colors full of character.
- The most powerful passive EQ ever made—144 (!) passive filters (72 per channel) in one EQ.
- Individual coils per filter.
- Single core coils, which means that every one is wound individually on its own dedicated core. This excludes sonic degradation from mutual influences while at the same time improving THD values.
- 120V makeup amplifiers based upon SPL unique SUPRA-OPs with 150dB dynamic rage and 200 v/ms slew rate.
- Individual design and component specificity for each filter.
- Custom made coils for critical mid-frequency ranges.
- Boost and cut crossovers mesh perfectly so that with the high number of frequencies one can dependably command the most elaborate set of response curves that to date any passive EQ has offered.
- Transformers from Lundahl with perfectly matched sonic characteristics provide for balanced I/O stages.
- XLR contacts from Switchcraft.
- Switches and potentiometers from Elma and ALPS (including ALPS “Big Blue” with 41 steps).
- Internal, linear power supply featuring a generously proportioned toroidal transformer and voltage selection (110-120V, 60Hz or 220-240V, 50Hz).