SPL - MIX DREAM
The MixDream design plan provides for the integration of analog equipment in digital production environments and stereo mixdown at the analog level.
This concept offers high-grade analog summing without panorama and fader controls, in turn allowing an engineer to retain the entire scope of his computer automation. One MixDream can sum up to 16 audio tracks to a stereo signal, and should the need arise for more than 16 tracks, several MixDreams may be linked together.
The MixDream discrete class A technology is based on a 60-volt rail (+/- 30V). Newly developed circuitry, based on the most modern analog components, guarantees an extremely high slew rate, a low noise level of -97dBu (A-weighted, all channels active) and a dynamic level of over 125dB. Thus the MixDream easily realizes the technical level of the best analog consoles.
Each input channel is equipped with a signal-present LED and a switchable insert-loop. A three stage toggle switch per channel allows the choice of whether or not a channel should be added to the mix buss.
With the No-Mix switch control, a channel may be removed from the mix while remaining available for re-recording through its Direct Output. The No-Mix function can be particularly useful, for example, when the engineer wishes to add track compression. The compressed signal can be re-recorded to the DAW for level automation. This is also known as “bounce back” capability, and without it, compressed signals could not employ level automation, since the compressor is inserted post fader.
- High-grade analog summing on just 2U rack space—no analog mixing console necessary
- Sophisticated, active Class A/6oV stages for analog summing in the quality of the best consoles
- 16 balanced inserts allow for integrated analog effects with individual and overall hard bypass relays
- Reduction of A/D conversions (14 A/D conversions can be spared with all inserts connected). All analog tracks can be summed before A/D conversion.
- Channel adjustments and automation (level, panorama etc.) remain controlled from the DAW so the user loses no digital efficiency
- Lower DAW processor utilization rates
- The most efficient possible re-sampling of individual tracks with latency free monitoring
- Surround capable (from up to 3 MixDream units)
- Channel capacity expandable through linked units
- Sensitive and transparent stereo expansion control
- Analog peak limiter for impressive loudness
- Master inserts and switchable output transformers from Lundahl
- Optimized signal pathes, all switching functions via relays
- Proprietary differential amplifiers for each input
- Discrete, exceptionally low-noise power supply