SPL - KULTUBE
The Kultube is an extremely versatile compressor with a broad range of control facilities that cover all typical compressor applications. From improved stereo mixes in the “MIDI Studio“ to surround mastering with several devices connected, all jobs can be undertaken to the highest degree of sound quality.
- Stereo Compressor with discrete gain cells
- (instead of VCAs)
- "Progressive Time Control": user optimization of attack and release times that work in conjunction with the unit's signal responsive circuitry to provide the best attributes of manual and auto compressors at the same time
- Adjustable tube saturation with automatic output level adjustment
- Selectable soft or hard knee characteristics
- Unique decompression mode
- Large VU meter displays gain reduction or (mono summed) output level
- Switchable side-chain inputs on the front panel
- Slave mode for multi-channel operation
- Options: 24/96 AD/DA converter, Lundahl input and output transformersIdeally
- for stereo and surround mix or single channel processing
- to produce massive attacks and to significantly increase loudness without destructive side-effects
- for effortless integration into digital environments with the optional 24/96-AD/DA converter
- for ‘softening‘ too harsh sounds, for example, for making digital recordings more "musical"