SPL - SMC - Surround Monitor Controller
One-point stereo and 5.1 volume control, source and speaker management.
The SPL Surround Monitor Controller (SMC) is a one-point analog volume control and switching matrix for system-independent 5.1 surround and stereo monitoring for essentially any audio application:
- Surround and stereo production
- DVD-V, DVD-A, SACD and DTS authoring
- Film and video postproduction
- Video and game production
- A/V and multimedia production
- Audiophile home entertainment systems
The advantages of the SMC become especially apparent in combination with modern audio and video production tools such as ProTools™, Nuendo™, Cubase™, Logic™, Deck™ etc.
One of the SMC's biggest advantages is the possibility to manage several input sources, i. e. for comparing and monitoring SACD or DVD material.
- • Input impedance, balanced (Sub-D): 50 kOhms, Unbalanced (RCA): ›10 kOhms
- • Output impedance, balanced (1/4" TRS): ‹600 Ohms
- • THD+N
- Input level -10 dB: 0.04%
- Input level 0 dB: 0.01%
- Input level +10 dB: 0.006%
- Input level +18 dB: 0.002%
- Input level:+22 dB: 0.1%
- • Noise, A-weighted: -98 dB
- • Maximum input level: +22 dB
- • Dynamic response: 120 dB
- • Dimensions H x W x D: 91 x 272 x 220 mm (3 9/16" x 10 11/16" x 8 21/32")
- • Weight 2.3 Kg (5 lbs)