UNIVERSAL AUDIO - 6176 CHANNEL STRIP
With the release of the 6176, Universal Audio, for the first time, combines their highly acclaimed 610 tube microphone preamp with their legendary 1176LN compressor to create the ultimate single channel signal path for everything from vocals to vibraphones.
610B Mic Pre :
The 2-610 microphone and instrument preamplifier has received praise from many corners. Michael Cooper, in his review for Mix Magazine, called it “hands-down, the most dimensional mic preamp I've ever heard…” Peter Wade, engineer/producer who has worked with acts ranging from Wyclef Jean to Jennifer Lopez, said simply, “This box rocks.” The 6176 mic preamp sections maintains the quality and character of the 2-610 while adding high-tension power regulation for improved bass response and a front-panel 15db pad switch.
1176LN Limiting Amplifier :
As legendary engineer/producer Andy Johns put it, “The 1176LN is the workhorse compressor.” The 1176LN may well be the most loved compressor in history. Its trademark lightning-quick attack and release times and the tone of it’s Class A output amplifier have enhanced countless recordings over the last thirty-five years. We’ve recreated the 1176LN for the compressor section of the 6176 with the same exacting, attention to detail and tradition we use on our 1176LN. The resulting character, heritage and tone simply cannot be found on other channel strip units.
Audio Inputs :
- Microphone (Female XLR)
- Balanced Line (Female XLR)
- Unbalanced Line/Instrument (1/4" jack) on front panel
Audio Inputs :
- Balanced Line (Female XLR) for use in “Split Mode”
Audio Outputs :
- Balanced Line (Male XLR) for use in “Split Mode"
Audio Outputs : Compressor Section :
- Balanced Line (Male XLR)
Front Panel Controls : Preamplifier Section :
- MICROPHONE INPUT IMPEDANCE : Selectable, 500 ohms or 2K ohms
- BALANCED LINE INPUT IMPEDANCE : 13.8K ohms
- Hi-Z INPUT IMPEDANCE Selectable : 2.2 Meg ohms or 47K ohms
- HF Shelf EQSwitchable boost/cut: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 dB
- Corner Frequency Select : 4.5 kHz, 7 kHz, 10 kHz
LF Shelf EQ :
- Switchable boost/cut: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 dB
- Corner Frequency Select: 70 Hz, 100 Hz, 200 Hz
- Polarity Reverse Switch
- 48 Volt Phantom Power
Front Panel Controls : Compressor Section :
- Input Gain
- Output Gain
- Compression Ratio; Bypass, 1 to 1, 4 to 1, 8 to 1, 12 to 1, 20 to 1 and “All Button” mode
- Meter Select; Preamp Output, Compressor Rain Reduction and Compressor Output
- 3.5 inches vertical, for mounting in standard 19-inch rack.