UNIVERSAL AUDIO - LN1176
The original Universal Audio 1176LN designed by Bill Putnam was a major breakthrough in limiter technology : the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance and a signature sound.
Evolved from the popular Universal Audio 175 and 176 vacuum tube limiters, the 1176LN retained the proven qualities of these industry leaders, and set the standard for all limiters to follow.
This Universal Audio Classic version of the 1176LN captures all the nuance of the original through obsessive attention to detail and delivers that trademark sound.
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Modeled after 1176LN, blackface, D and E revisions
- F.E.T. gain reduction
- Pushbutton selection of compression ratios, 4:1 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultra fast attack time – 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time – 50 milliseconds to 1.1 second
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Custom built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
- Contemporary styling and eye pleasing industrial design.
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating
- OUTPUT LOAD IMPEDANCE: 600 ohms, floating, damping factor 20
- EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS: Jones Barrier terminals and XLR connectors
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- GAIN: 50 dB
- DISTORTION: Less than 0.5% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with limiting
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: Greater than 70 dB at +10 dBm
- ATTACK TIME: 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- RELEASE TIME: 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
- DIMENSIONS: 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U
- WEIGHT: 11 lbs.