SUMMIT AUDIO - MPC-100A - TUBE PRE-AMP COMPRESSOR / LIMITER
The MPC-1OOA is a single channel tube preamplifier and tube compressor/limiter all in one unit, accepting line, microphone, and Hi-Z input signals. The preamplifier provides a warm yet crisp vacuum tube tone. The compressor/limiter section has very fast attack times, making it ideal for optimizing signal prior to entering the digital domain. In addition to having superb sound and a user friendly interface, the MPC-100A has the robust build quality consistent with the Summit Audio family of products.
Vocals and bass really shine with the MPC-100A, the Jensen mic transformer and tubes working in synch to lend a detailed sound with harmonically complex overtones. The ultra-fast compressor makes it ideal for drums, especially kick and snare, to tame those transients yet keep the body rich and full. The MPC-100A features variable impedance (loading) on the Hi-Z input so passive guitars and bass pickups have a whole new level of tone control. Increase the loading for a minimum of resistance and the open, airy sound of your pickups working unimpeded. Turn the impedance control down and listen to the high frequencies start to attenuate in a musical way and the low frequencies get tighter and more focused as the pickups are loaded. And with three separate gain controls, two driving vacuum tubes with a master output level, you have endless tonal variations for whatever sound you need.
Key Features :
- "Clean" to "Saturated" valve sounds
- Soft Clipping LED indicators
- HI-Z instrument input with impedance matching control
- Two stages of vacuum tube gain controls
- 3 Position attack and release presets
- High quality VU meter for output and gain reduction metering
- Continuously variable output level control
- +4 dB balanced and -10 dB unbalanced output
- Stereo linkable with a second MPC-100A
- Jensen mic transformer
- Output: +4 dBu corresponds to 0 VU. The output is electronically balanced or unbalanced using 990 operational amplifiers. Output impedance is 75 ohms. The recommended output load is 600 ohms or more. Maximum output level is +25dBu.
- Input: The input is electronically balanced (except Hi-Z input). Input impedance is 20k ohms. Maximum input level is +25dBu.
- Panel Size: Standard 19" by 3.5" (two units of rack space).
- Depth Behind Panel: 10.5" in addition to user's 1/0 cabling.
- Power: 35 watts, 115 or 230 volts operation, 50 or 60 Hz.
- Components: (2) selected 12AX7A vacuum tubes, (2) high reliability 990 discrete, operational amplifiers, (15) integrated circuits, (3) transistors, (2) compression cells.
- Shipping Weight: 18 lbs. (8.17 kg.)