SUMMIT AUDIO - TLA-100A - TUBE LEVELING AMPLIFIER
The Summit Audio TLA-100A Tube Leveling Amplifier is a classic design with a technological hybrid of vacuum tube and solid state devices. The harmonious blend of old and new technologies produces the incredibly warm and smooth sound of vacuum tubes in a compression device that does not have the inherent disadvantages of older designs. Summit Audio has been making the TLA-100A for over 20 years and produces a sound that remains a much sought after quality that is used on literally thousands of records and in live sound venues across the world.
Compressing in a musically satisfying way is easy with the TLA-100A; the incredibly forgiving circuit design makes it almost impossible to make it 'pump and breath'. When fast transient signals are being sent to the TLA-100A, the unit reacts quickly both in attack and release, when the signal is more legato, the attack and release times automatically react more slowly resulting in a set-and-forget compressor that always sounds right with a minimum of knob fiddling. Try it on vocals and bass, also great for kick drum and guitars. The TLA-100A really shines for tracking and mixing individual instruments and is linkable with another TLA-100A for stereo signals.
Key Features :
- In continuous production for over 20 years
- "Soft knee" characteristic
- Switch selectable attack and release times
- Stereo linkable
- Unity gain bypass switch for A/B comparison
- Transformerless signal path
- Side chain insert
- Hand crafted in the U.S.A.
- Attack times: 180uS-100mS
- Release times: 32mS- 1.5S
- Output: +4 dBu corresponds to 0 VU. The output is electronically balanced or unbalanced using 990 discrete operational amplifiers. Output impedance is 75 ohms. The recommended output load is 600 ohms or more. Maximum output level is +25 dBu.
- Input: The input is also electronically balanced or unbalanced. Input impedance is 20k . Maximum input level is +25 dBu .
- Panel Size : Standard 19" by 3.5" ( 2 units of rack space)
- Depth: 10.5" in addition to user I/O cabling
- Power: 35 watts, 115 or 230 volts operation, 50 or 60 Hz
- Shipping Weight: 16 lbs. (7.2 kg.)