STUDIO PROJECTS - LSD2 MK2
The LSD-2 is comprised of two separate dual-membrane solid state microphones contained within a single housing. Its capsules are mounted in close proximity on a vertical axis - the upper capsule assembly having the ability to rotate 270 degrees horizontally, relative to the lower capsule. Two C&K three-way switches control the polar response, high pass filtering and -10dB pad for each capsule (The switches on the front of the body correspond to the lower fixed capsule, while the switches 180° opposite on the back of the mic control the rotating upper capsule). It is the combination of capsule articulation and independent pattern switching which allows a user of the LSD2 to achieve all manner of coincident pair stereophonic recording techniques. Due to the close proximity of the capsules, there is no phase cancellation resulting from time delay between the two signals. This translates into excellent mono compatibility.
The inner workings of the LSD-2 are essentially that of two Studio Projects Model C3 microphones. The capsules are 1.06” (27mm) diameter, dual membrane, Braunmuhl-Weber design. These are independently coupled through low-noise amplifiers based on FET driven discrete balanced output stages. The outer housing is plated brass with a single layer brass wire mesh grill surrounding the capsules.
Included with the LSD-2 microphone is a dedicated 7-pin XLR to dual 3-pin XLR “Y” cable, magnum-sized foam windscreen, standard shockmount and carrying case.
LSD 2 Technical Specifications:
- Stereo condenser microphone with vertically coincident 1.06” (27mm.) dual diaphragms.
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure of Eight
- Frequency response: 20~20000Hz
- Sensitivity: 12mV/Pa=-38dB(0dB=1V/Pa).
- Output impedance: <200 Ohm
- Load impedance: >1200 Ohm
- Maximum SPL: 132/142dB SPL for 1% THD @1000Hz(0dB/-10dB pad, 0dB SPL=0.00002Pa)
- Noise: (Line)---28 dB (A weighted)---18 dB-A.
- S/N: 76 dB
- Pad: -10dB or -20dB
- Low cut: 6dB/Octave at 150Hz
- Power requirement 24v.-52.5v. phantom power
- Current consumption: <2.5mA
- Connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR
- Circuit: JFET impedance converter, discrete balanced output