THERMIONIC CULTURE - CULTURE VULTURE
Originally designed as a "distortion box" to simulate distortion in valve amps it has found lots of uses beyond this. We know that some owners use them on drum loops, vocals, piano sounds and even across entire tracks (it is a stereo unit).
Thermonic have refined this so that distortion figures are reduced to only 0.2% at lowest to about 99.9% (at least that's what our distortion meter tells us!). Predominant distortion can be changed from even to odd harmonics with a simple switch. We know it's recently been rented to mix a JAMES BOND movie!
Warm sounds gently or create a noise like a 200 watt guitar stack with all the drivers slashed.
- Independent channel operation
- Odd or even harmonic distortion, or combination of both.
- All valve design free from solid state additives.
- High impedance line input or instrument inputs.
- 4 & 7 kHz filters
- Overdrive & bypass switches
Culture Vulture Specifications:
- Maximum output level
- 0.2% to 99.9%.
- Variable better than 75dB below M. O. L at most settings
- input Impedance
- Output Impedance
- 2.5k ohm ( should ideally drive a 10k input impedance )
- Frequency response
- >1dB variation over 10Hz to 25kHz ( actually +/- 1.75dB over 50Hz to 15kHz at low distortion )