NEVE - 33609J/D - Stereo Compressor
Built to the highest design specifications, the AMS Neve 33609 unit offers comprehensive limiting and compression facilities for music recording, post production and broadcast applications. The 33609 is based on a circuit design first used in the classic 2254 limiter/compressordesigned by Neve in 1969.
The 33609’s combination of transformers and gain reduction element produces a sound quality which is unique amongst compressor limiters. Coupled with the unit’s unparalleled ease of use, this sound quality has made the 33609 a studio standard. Multiple units may be linked for multi-channel operation.
The limiter/compressor is a 2U rack-mounting unit with a clear, uncluttered panel layout. There are independent side chains for the compressor and limiter sections with independent threshold, recovery and attack controls. The compressor features a selection of ratios from 1.5:1 to 6:1 and a gain make-up control that comes before the limiter. Overall gain reduction is indicated on a moving coil meter.
Two versions are available, the 33609/Jand the 33609/JD. Both units offer the legendary Neve sound but with enhanced internal and external I/O switching compared to the originals. The 33609/J uses similar circuits to the vintage 33609/C. The 33609/JD incorporates a 340 discreet output stage as used in the original 33609 design.
- True discrete electronics
- Unparalleled ease of use
- Perfect tracking for stereo operation
- Based on Neve 2254 compressor/limiter
- Hand built to original 1970’s specifications
- Hard Limit feature for digital recording
- Limit in/out Compress in/out
- Threshold: +4dBm to +15dBm -20dBm to +10dBm
- Recovery Time: 50ms, 100ms, 200ms, 800ms 100ms, 400ms, 800ms, 1.5secs
- A1 (auto) 100ms/2sec A1 (auto) 100ms/2sec
- A2 (auto) 50ms/5sec A2 (auto) 50ms/5sec
- Attack Time: Fast (2ms) 3ms, Slow (4ms)
- Ratio: N/A 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1 or 6:1
- Gain: N/A 0 to +20dB in 2dB steps