CHANDLER LIMITED - LTD1 - Expanded 10-series EQ/PRE
The Chandler LTD-1 is a hand-wired pre amp/ equalizer using parts and construction techniques painstakingly faithful to original 1073 modules.
Point-to-point wiring, original British transformers and transistors all contribute to the classic sound of these units.
In addition to the classic Neve 1073 type sound, the Chandler LTD1 has additional modern functions and an expanded EQ section to give more sonic options.
Features include high impedance direct in, 48v phantom, output fader, eq in/out, phase reverse, balanced mic in, balanced line in, nine additional eq points, and an over-built power supply for maximum headroom.
Requires PSU-1 external power supply.
- Mic/Line input sensitivity: Selects between the mic or line inputs, and attenuates the selected input. Right side of the switch is the line input with 30db of gain. Bottom and left side of this switch control the mic input and gives from 20 to 80db of gain.
- Equalizer: The Chandler LTD-1 features a greatly enhanced eq selection that was borrowed from consoles that were custom ordered by the BBC from Neve, Calrec, Audix and others. It is a three band eq that offers very good coverage of the bands and very musical selection of eq points. The LTD-1 offers great 1073 type eq with many more additional frequencies.
- High eq points: 16k, 12k, 6.8k, 4.7k, 3.3k
- Mid eq points: 270hz, 390hz, 560hz, 820hz, 1.2k, 1.8k, 2.7k, 3.9k, 5.6k, and 8.2k
- Low eq points: 220hz, 110hz, 60hz, 35hz
- Filter Points: 300hz, 160hz, 80hz, 50hz
- High Eq: High end shelving characteristic with five selectable frequencies: 16k, 12k, 6.8k, 4.7k, and 3.3k. (By comparison, a standard 1073 only utilizes the 12k frequency).
- Mid Eq: This is a mid frequency peaking characteristic with ten selections: 270hz, 390hz, 560hz, 820hz, 1.2k, 1.8k, 2.7k, 3.9k, 5.6k, and 8.2k. (1073s had 360hz, 700hz, 1.6k, 3.2k, 4.8k, and 7.2k).
- Low Eq: This is a low end shelving characteristic with four selctions: 220hz, 110hz, 60hz, 35hz. These are the same as found on classic 1073s.
- Filter: This is a high pass characteristic with 3db loss at 300hz, 160hz, 80hz, and 50hz. These are the same settings as vintage modules.
- Equalizer Hints: With the added flexibility of the LTD-1, the mid and high eq can be used to greater effect. For example, on a kick drum or bass guitar you can now take out the mush (390-560hz) while still adding upper end eq, even into the mids (3.3k or 4.7k). The low eq and filter can be used in conjuction to turn the low shelving control into a “low peaking control.” For example at 110hz you select the filter setting just below that (80hz) which will make 110hz into a peaking type characteristic. This technique lets you have much more versatility with low end contouring.
- Output: This functions as the fader on a mixing console. Use it to adjust between the 5db steps of the input or to drive the input for extra coloration.
- Mic impedance 1200 ohms
- Line impedance 10k ohms
- Output impedance 600 ohms
- Noise Better than -85 dbm at -35dbm sensitivity
- Output Maximum output +28dbm
- Frequency response flat 15hz-20khz (-3db at 7hz & 35khz)