GENELEC - 8020 CPM
Genelec introduces its smallest speaker system to date with the new 8020 (Height with Iso-Pod™ 242 mm, Width 151 mm and Depth 142 mm). The system has been designed for monitoring in difficult listening environments, particularly those compromised by lack of space. However, size is no handicap to performance as the 8020 two-way active monitoring system incorporates Genelec's acoustic design innovations to minimise all forms of distortion. ??
The 8020 has a die-cast aluminium Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE™), which features relatively large internal volumes; softly curved edges and outstanding mechanical strength. As a result, the imaging accuracy and low frequency extension with such a compact enclosure are truly astounding. ??
The 8020 also incorporates the advanced Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™), which provides an amazingly smooth on and off axis response; while the long, curved reflex port ends in a wide flare for excellent bass articulation. ?
Each monitor features a 105 mm (4 inch) bass driver along with a 19 mm (3/4 inch) tweeter loaded into a new advanced Genelec Directivity Controlled Waveguide (DCW™). The free field frequency response is 66 Hz to 20 kHz (± 2.5 dB). Maximum peak SPL output per pair with music material is 105 dB at 1 m. Bass and treble are each powered by 20 watt amplifiers
- SPL: Short term RMS @ 1 m: 95 dB SPL?Peak per pair: 105 dB SPL @ 1m
- Drivers: ?Bass 105 mm (4")?Midrange: Treble 19 mm (3/4") metal dome
- Crossover frequencies: 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 66 - 20 kHz (± 2.5 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch: ?Bass / 20 W?Midrange / Treble 20 W
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D) mm:?226 x 151 x 142 mm (Height with Iso-Pod™ 242 mm) inches?8 7/8 x 6 x 5 5/8" (Height with Iso-Pod™ 9 1/2")
- Speaker weight: 3.7 kg (8.1 lb)
New 2013 models with ISS™ (Genelec Intelligent Signal Sensing)