GENELEC - 8040 BPM
Boasting performance comparable to much larger systems, but in a compact package, the bi-amplified 8040A is ideal for use in many situations where a wide frequency response is needed but space is limited. Uses include nearfield monitoring, project/home studios, workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms and mobile production vehicles.
The ingenious, flow optimized, reflex port achieves clear deep bass articulation with no compression or port noises. Combined with the advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide™ (DCW™) and the rounded edges and gently curved front and sides of the MDE™ (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure™) enclosure, the result is an astoundingly wide, flat frequency response both on and off axis. Other benefits include superb imaging qualities and less listening fatigue. ??Carefully designed crossover filters with steep roll-off feed dedicated amplifiers for each of the low distortion drivers. The 8040A includes magnetic shielding, overload protection circuitry and versatile room response controls as standard. ??
Each 8040A comes with an Iso-Pod™ (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler™) which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. The Iso-Pod™ also allows the speaker to be angled so that its acoustic axis points directly at the listener.
- SPL: Short term RMS @ 1 m Peak per pair with music material 115 dB SPL @ 1m
- Drivers: Bass 6.5"?Midrange / Treble: 3/4" metal dome
- Crossover frequencies: 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch: Bass 90 W?Midrange / Treble: 90 W
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D) 350 x 237 x 223 mm (Height with Iso-Pod™ 365 mm)
- 13 13/16 x 9 3/8 x 8 13/16" (Height with Iso-Pod™ 14 3/8")
- Speaker weight: 8.6 kg (18.9 lb)
New 2013 models with ISS™ (Genelec Intelligent Signal Sensing)