NATIVE INSTRUMENTS - TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 MK2
The Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2 MKII is the new incarnation of the original S2, with an updated chassis, iOS compatibility and a host of other new features.
The NI Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2 picks up very much from where the old model left off, updating it to now offer iOS support, something that is increasingly becoming the standard in DJ controllers. The S2 MKII itself has a new two-tone design with new faders for a more responsive and reliable user experience.
The jog wheels now feature silicone-dampening on aluminium top plates for better grip and, therefore, better cueing and scratching. There are improvements to the cue buttons, which are now RGB colour-coded, making it easier than ever to trigger cue points, loops and samples.
The 2+1 channel S2 MKII still features Remix Decks and full integration with Traktor Pro 2. With the new support for iOS, however, the Kontrol S2 MKII also seamlessly controls Traktor DJ for iPad and iPhone, and can power an iOS device.
The S2 MKII has a built-in 24-bit/96kHz DJ audio interface with two high-gain stereo outputs; Master & Monitor. There’s a microphone input with gain control and a headphone output with Volume control on the front panel.
The main features of Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2 MKII include :
- Update to the original S2 model
- A 2+1 channel DJ controller for use with Traktor Pro 2
- iOS support for use with Traktor DJ for iPad & iPhone
- Silicone-damped jog wheels with aluminium top plates
- New RGB colour-coded Cue buttons
- Three-band EQ with Bass, Middle & Treble controls
- Built-in 24-bit/96kHz DJ audio interface with two high-gain atereo outputs for Master and Monitor
- Microphone input with Gain control
- Headphone output with Volume control
- Charges iPad or iPhone