GENELEC - 1038 BEM - Tri-amplified Monitoring System - Black wood veneer finish
The Genelec 1038B is a three-way active monitoring system including loudspeaker drivers, speaker enclosure, multiple power amplifiers and active, low signal level crossovers. Designed for medium sized control rooms this system is ideal for music recording studios, project studios, film and video post-production and broadcast monitoring. Mastering suites are also tailored for, where broad bandwidth, high SPL's and extended low frequency response are essential. The 1038B is designed to perform well both as a free-standing monitor and flush mounted into the control room wall.
The unique Directivity Control Waveguide ™ (DCW ™) Technology used provides excellent stereo imaging and frequency balance even in difficult acoustic environments. Versatile crossover controls allow for precise matching of the speaker system to different acoustic conditions. The system can be used both in vertical and horizontal orientation by simply rotating the DCW unit.
The system is very easy to use as only mains power and input signal are needed. All drivers are magnetically shielded as standard to minimize stray magnetidc field.
A rack mount adapter is available so that the amplifier section can be positioned separately from the cabinet when soffit mounting. This allows for better & easier amplifier cooling and easier access to the Tone Control DIP switches during in-room system calibration.
- Input format Analog
- Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz ?120 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material ?124 dB SPL @ 2m
- Bass 15"
- Midrange 5" + DCW
- Treble 1" metal dome + DCW
- Crossover frequencies 410 Hz, 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response 35 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2.5 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch
- Bass 400 W
- Midrange 120 W
- Treble 120 W
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D)
- mm 810 x 480 x 420 mm
- inches 31 7/8 x 18 7/8 x 16 9/16"
- Amplifier dimensions* (H x W x D)
- mm Integrated in the speaker cabinet
- Speaker weight 60 kg